The choices for private education in the Charlotte area are numerous. At Northside Christian Academy we purposefully blend a large campus feel with a small educational setting, superior academics, sports, fine arts, and a strong Biblical worldview. Northside stands apart as a result of our:
- Safe environment that offers an affordable Christian education in an accessible location
- Highly qualified and dedicated "living curriculum" teachers, with many holding advanced degrees
- Teachers who really care about their students and are accessible.
- Academic Excellence across the curriculum in preparation for college
- Traditional Elementary program (K5 - 5th grade)
- Intentional about developing children's character
- Chromebooks make up our one to one program and 21st century learning environment
- Northside Christian Academy Online with additional course offerings beyond the classroom
- Ethnically diverse student population
- Advanced Placement Courses, having a large percentage of students scoring a 3 or higher on one or more exams
- Intentional about children's spiritual foundation and community involvement
- Weekly Chapel services
- Outstanding interscholastic athletics program which has won several conference and state championships
- Exceptional fine arts program including band, chorus, dance, drama and visual arts programs
- Dual accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Association of Christian Schools International
A student who develops a Christian worldview as a result of Northside Christian Academy's impact will be:
• A committed follower of Jesus Christ with a strong biblical view of truth (or reality)
• A responsible and patriotic citizen who understands and appreciates America's Christian heritage and works to strengthen that influence on government and every sphere of culture
• A person with values, principles and character, able to add real-life value to those around them as someone who is educated, thoughtful, articulate, honest, productive, and service-oriented
• Able to confidently and lovingly share, give reason for, and grow in his or her faith
• Able to continue their education and/or become a productive citizen improving society through their life and work
We believe Christian parents are looking for a special type of teacher, one we call the Living Curriculum. Parents understand these teachers will have awesome responsibilities and opportunities to shape their children's lives. But how do we identify a Living Curriculum Teacher?
First of all, there is no prototype. They come with different personalities from different types of families. They were raised in the different environments in different parts of the world. They attended different colleges or universities and enjoy different styles of worship. Today, they are a wonderful mix of people rooted in Evangelical Christianity but with different heritages and different experiences.
- Born-again, growing, followers of Christ and they desire that their students experience the same personal relationship with Christ that they have.
- Happy and positive people. Students trust, respect and desire to be around Living Curriculum Teachers.
- Humble and trustworthy. They have an open mind and a sensitive spirit. They are approachable, and they really listen.
- Relationship builders. They understand that modeling through relationships is essential for growth in Christian character. They pay attention to the individual needs of students as they work at building meaningful and appropriate relationships.
- Committed to treating students with dignity. Students know they can count on a predictable, nurturing and stimulating environment in the Living Curriculum Teacher's classroom.
- Parent partners. They believe the best education is one where parents and teachers work together supporting students from both sides.
- Life-long learners. They never stop getting better at the art and science of teaching. They understand that teaching content is not the only goal. Study skills, higher-level analysis, critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities should all be taught and practiced within the study of each subject area.
- Motivated to motivate. They take time with students one on one. To see a student end up serving God, using his or her gifts clearly within the will of God, provides an indescribable joy to the Living Curriculum Teacher.
The Honor Code calls for students to be truthful in their dealings with the faculty, staff and administration; to submit academic work that is fully their own; and to maintain possession of only those belongings to which they are rightfully entitled. Violations of the Honor Code are lying, cheating, and stealing-in any form and to any degree.
The Pledge: I do solemnly pledge my honor that as long as I am a member of Northside Christian Academy, I will faithfully uphold the principles of the Honor Code, will cherish and guard its traditions, and will respect and observe its requirements, I make this pledge in view of God and the pledges of the students and faculty, which signifies our mutual Trust and Resolve to keep our honor secure.